The Silent Piano is the perfect blend of a true acoustic piano with the features every musician desires from a Digital Piano. The Silent Piano allows the Pianist to play a fully acoustic piano, or a fully digital piano or both at the same time! Would you like to have a digital recording of your Performance? No Problem the Silent Piano records in .wav or midi! Do you like to play at night and Don’t Want to wake up the whole house? Just Put on the Head Phones! Do you want to Amplify your piano? The Silent Piano has you Covered. Finally would you love to have a real piano as a controller for PC or Midi applications? Then you have found the right piano!
Please note this generation of Yamaha Silent System is also available on the following models: B1 , B2, B3
- Binaural CFX Sampling tecnology delivers a three-dimensional sound, which recreates the perspective of the player position through the headphones.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- The Smart Pianist app not only gives you full control over your piano’s major functions, but also analyzes your favorite songs right out of your music library using chord tracker technology.
- Smooth Release provides a quick, crisp release on fast note-offs and a gently decaying release for slow note-offs.
- Non-contact key sensors detect the movement of the keys continually, allowing natural musical expression even when the piano is in “Silent” mode.
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano samples bring two of the world’s finest and most prominent concert
grand pianos to your fingertips.
Smart Pianist App Integration
The smart device app “Smart Pianist” (available as a free download) enables you to use the functions such as selecting Voices, controlling the metronome intuitively with the visualized interface, or display the score on your smart device.
A Broad Sonic Palette
SILENT Piano SC2 type offers total 10 pre-installed sounds
Binaural CFX – Yamaha 9 foot Concert Grand
CFX Grand – Yamaha 9 foot Concert Grand
Bosendorfer – Vienna-made Concert Grand
Stage E. Piano – “Fender Rhodes”
DX E. Piano – Classic Yamaha Electric Piano
Vintage E. Piano – Widely Used in Rock and Pop
Harpsichord 8′ – Just like the real Baroque version
Celesta – A instrument were deer horn hammers strike metal bars
Organ Principal – (8′ + 4″ + 2′) Used for Baroque church music
Jazz Organ – Famous Tone Wheel Hammond Organ Sound
- Full length ribs into a notched liner
- Solid spruce soundboard and ribs
- Solid copper wound bass strings
- Hard maple bridges
- Aluminum alloy action rails
- Yamaha balanced action
- Spruce keys with hardwood buttons
- Grand piano key travel
- Cut thread tuning pins
- Muffler pedal
- Yamaha designed hammers with T-fasteners
- Vacuum Shield Mold Process (V-Pro) plate
- Seasoned for destination
Permanent Crown Solid Soundboard
Yamaha utilizes a process that creates a permanent crown in the soundboard and at the same time minimizes soundboard cracking. The customer can feel confident that not only will the piano last for years, but the beautiful sound of a Yamaha piano will last a lifetime.
Solid Spruce Soundboard
At the Yamaha lumber mill and wood processing facility, the finest spruce is quarter sawn; and less than 10% of the total is selected and reserved for Yamaha piano soundboards. Solid spruce, rather than laminated spruce or poplar, is the choice in all fine pianos for the best amplification of sound, best tone and sustain.
Full Length Ribs
Yamaha reinforces the crown in its soundboards by using ribs that continue to the edge of the soundboard, and are glued into the notched liner (or inner rim on the grand piano). Reinforcing the crown ensures that the tone quality will remain for years and years and improves tuning stability.
Yamaha uses V-Pro (Vacuum Shield Mold Process) in casting the iron frame (plate). V-Pro plates are stronger and visually more appealing. Critical dimensions are produced more accurately than before.
Extruded Aluminum Action Rails
Yamaha engineering developed a unique Extruded Aluminum Alloy Action Rail (bearing a Yamaha patent) this is one of the best innovations for improving a piano action in the last 100 years. The usual fluctuations in wood rails that effect touch, caused by periodic weather changes, are eliminated allowing stable, long-lasting action regulation.
Each key of a Yamaha piano is individually tested and measured for the corrections needed to obtain uniform “down weight” pressure. Yamaha actions play correctly and uniformly. This balancing helps ensure a lifetime of superior touch and control across the keyboard.
Uniform Key Travel
Yamaha designs all grand and vertical pianos to have the same key travel. Regardless of size, type or model of Yamaha piano, the keyboards will always feel the same.
Yamaha uses Spruce for the keys on all models of pianos. Spruce is very light and possesses a very high ratio of strength to weight. It is ideal for key construction, even though its cost is greater than either sugar pine or bass wood. Yamaha keyboards respond quickly providing fast repetition for the most intricate piece of music. Yamaha keyboards withstand heavy use over years of fortissimo passages.
Dark Oak, Satin Ebony, Satin Walnut.