The CLP-725 sets the bar for what is required for an instrument to be called a Clavinova. Experience the sound of the binaurally-sampled CFX grand piano through your headphones, or enjoy the realism of Virtual Resonance Modeling through the on-board stereo speaker system. And with over a century of acoustic piano manufacturing heritage, it only makes sense that the best digital pianos come from Yamaha.
- Real Grand Expression 2 allows you to use the slightest variations of touch to create a limitless range of sound that captures your musical individuality.
- GrandTouch-S™ keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory key tops gives you the feeling of an acoustic grand’s light to heavy weighted keys, allowing for more precise playability.
- Binaural Sampling technology delivers a three-dimensional sound, which recreates the perspective of the player position through headphones.
- Fortepiano Voices allow you to hear classical compositions the way the original composers would have heard them.
- Grand Expression Modeling simulates the mechanics of the hammers, strings, and all the internal components of the piano and transfers them into the control of your fingertips, to give the ultimate feeling of articulation and expression.
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano.
- New Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano sound
- Binaural Sampling of Yamaha CFX
- 10 voices, including 2 fortepiano voices (Mozart Piano/Chopin Piano)
- Improved VRM (Virtual Resonance Modeling)
- Grand Expression Modeling
- GrandTouch-S™ keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory keytops
- 20 W x 2 amplifiers
- 12 cm x 2 speaker system
Real Grand Expression 2 (RGE2)
Real Grand Expression 2 converts all the levels and variations of your touch, translating them into the limitless dynamic range of your musicianship.
Grandtouch-S™ Keyboard with Synthetic ebony and ivory tops
GrandTouch-S™ keyboard with synthetic ebony and ivory key tops. With grand piano-like consistency and a broad dynamic range of touch from pianissimo to fortissimo, GrandTouch-S keyboard offers precise tone control. The synthetic ivory white keys and synthetic ebony black keys make it easy to play for long periods.
Binaural sampling allows for an incredible sound to be heard through headphones. This is a highly sophisticated recording technique, in which a special combination of microphones are used: two microphones are actually installed into the ears of a model of a human head, so that the sound reproduced is from the pianist’s perspective.
Painstakingly sampled from Walter, Pleyel, Cristofori and Broadwood fortepianos built in the 18th and 19th centuries. Leather hammers and unique string design gave this 18th century instrument a sound characteristically different from what would become known as the modern piano.
Grand Expression Modeling
Grand Expression Modeling reproduces the diverse tone variation created by the complex structure (hammers, dampers and strings) of the grand piano. The faithful simulation of the tone variation created by differences in the force and speed with which the keys are pressed and released enables a fuller experience of playing more than ever before, helping pianists develop genuine expressive abilities.
Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM)
In a grand piano, strings and sounds resonate throughout the entire body of the instrument to produce a rich reverberation that envelops the listener in sound. Not only are the strings vibrating as you play, but other strings ring as well, in reaction to ones you play. Some keys strike a different number of strings depending on their position on the keyboard; this explains why the sound of an acoustic piano is so complex and rich.
This experience is reproduced perfectly on select Clavinova models through Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) which calculates the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes on the keyboard, from one instant to the next. As a result, the Clavinova sound features a seemingly limitless number of elements in common with an acoustic piano.